In one week, I will be home in the states. I am visiting for the duration of festive season (summer) here in Cape Town during my school holidays. Although I will be working at home, I will also be spending all of my downtime with family and friends. I want to accomplish some creative tasks that have been piling up in the pinterest files for god knows how many years. Here are some things I will try to do with sister while I am home.
1. Make homemade books with interesting book bindings and paper. I did a mini version of this for a final hand in for my linocuts and handmade books are just gorgeous. You can add photos, letters, or whatever you desire to fill the inside.
2. Homemade bath salts. This has to be easy enough and I would much rather make it than buy it. My go to scents will be lavender for the ultimate calming effects.
3. Pressed flowers. I used to do this as a child I believe. You collect flowers and put them in heavy books so they dry and flatten. Then you can tape them against nice handmade paper for a pretty hanging artwork.
4. Homemade candles. With beeswax? Or something natural. Or crayons. Who am I kidding?
5. Natural room freshener. Although I am pretty convinced by the power of Glade and am unsure if natural freshener could be as potent, I would love to find out that it is. I would use lemongrass, mint, lemon, something nice like that. Then bottle it in old perfume bottles.
6. If I don't pull off number 5, then definitely homemade face mist. I feel super guilty paying money for water but it is soooo nice. I would boil water, add rose petals and steep. Then put that in a spray bottle.
7. Add tiny polka dots to a basic tee. Hand painted in... gold?
8. Put a ton of ice in a wheelbarrow and fill it with yummy drinks for a party. You can take the girl out of the country but you cant take the country out of the girl.
9. Home make dry shampoo for dark hair.
Do you have any DIY ideas or fun creative projects you have worked on recently?